Home » » Selena Gomez 'So Stoked' To Perform New Single At MTV Movie Awards

Selena Gomez 'So Stoked' To Perform New Single At MTV Movie Awards

Written By ebube on Thursday, March 28, 2013 | 4:02 AM

While she might have to wait until next year to find out if her work in "Spring Breakers" is Golden Popcorn-worthy, Selena Gomez will be on hand for the 2013 MTV Movie Awards to perform her new single "Come & Get It" live on Sunday, April 14. Selena Gomez Will Perform At The 2013 MTV Movie Awards "It is my first performance back as a musician," she told MTV News about the Movie Awards gig. "I'm so nervous! I think it's really cool, 'cause I got to take a year off of music and really be a part of great movies and work with great people, so I thought it would be perfect that I kind of go into music again through MTV and then the Movie Awards. So I thought it would be appropriate. I'm so stoked!" MTV Style: What will Selena Gomez wear for her 2013 MTV Movie Awards performance? The tune was penned by Ester Dean and Stargate, who also produced the track, and will debut April 8 on "On Air With Ryan Seacrest" just days before she takes the stage at the Movie Awards. "This is the hardest I've ever worked on any album I've ever done. I recorded about 23 songs, and I picked 11. So we put all the album together, and I really wanted it to be a different level for me," she said. "So I think for the performance, I'm going to try to do things that nobody's ever really seen from me before and kind of take it to the next level. So hopefully I'll do a good job." "Come & Get It" is the lead single from Gomez's next album, slated for release later this summer. Gomez is also expected to make a tour announcement in the near future. Ahead of the awards show, the third annual MTV Movie Awards Sneak Peek Week will run April 8 through April 12, with a special airing every night at 11 p.m. ET on MTV. This year's movies are "This Is the End," "Pain and Gain," "To Do List" and "The Heat," and the films' stars will be on hand to present an on-air clip before heading to MTV.com for a 30-minute sit-down interview with MTV News' Josh Horowitz. It all leads up to the Rebel Wilson-hosted MTV Movie Awards on Sunday, April 14, airing live from the Sony Pictures Studio Lot in Culver City, California, at 9 p.m. ET/PT on MTV. Will Jennifer Lawrence get her silver lining in the form of a Golden Popcorn? Which beefcake will sizzle in our brand-new Best Shirtless Performance category? It's up to you to decide the winners of the 2013 MTV Movie Awards! Vote now, and tune in Sunday, April 14, at 9 p.m. ET, as star Rebel Wilson takes the stage at the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, California.
Share this article :

Post a Comment